Sponsored By FNH USAPresented By SureFire
3-GUN NATION Sponsors & Contributors
Author
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:02:01 PM
........and I'm clueless about whats out there to consider. That being said, I'm looking for something that works well with a harness . I want to carry 3 AR15, 3 handgun mag pouches and one dump pouch . So with all that I'm looking at the Tactical Tailor Fight Light system including their belt and harness :

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/fightlight/fight-light-battle-belt

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/fightlight/fight-light-4-point-battle-belt-harness

So if I went this route, does this rig somehow clip onto my pants belt ? And once I strap the bitch on is there a prefered method of securing the pouches? I came across plastic strips that kinda weave between the pouch and the webbing, school me on the whole matter please.

Or is there just a better version to look at rather than the Tactical Tailor model. I would like the whole thing to be a competition AND carbine class rig so no flashy muticolored comp only suggestions please.

J223...

StealthyBlagga
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:09:13 PM
[Last Edit: 1/29/2012 7:20:49 PM by StealthyBlagga]
That belt and harness is not optimal for 3-gun. Bear in mind that some match rules mandate that the belt go through the pants belt loops, which these "war belts" don't do. I recommend instead one of the true competition-oriented systems. I just switched to the Safariland ELS System and am really happy with its versatility... VERY fast to add/remove different accessories, and a rock-solid base for a belt holster. I'm not a big fan of thigh holsters for 3-gun... you won't see many of the top shots using them.

I can't comment on how the ELS would work for a carbine class as I don't go to them. If I ever need a rifle in an SHTF situation, I'm just sticking an AR mag pouch on my regular pistol CCW belt, throwing a cover garment over it and calling it good. IMHO a lot of folks overdo it with all the tactical stuff. In most plausible scenarios, stealth and low-profile are going to be of more value than full-on tacticool.
olivers_AR
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:16:13 PM
[Last Edit: 1/29/2012 7:18:07 PM by olivers_AR]
CR speed or Safariland ELS System, if you going to run 3-gun. Good holster will run what you want with good pouches.

ETA: The CR Speed among others, has a split belt system, with an inner belt and outer belt. The inter belt fits inside your belt loops and the outer belt goes over it.
Professional Troubleshooter
jtischauser
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:46:23 PM
Originally Posted By JOHNNY223:
........and I'm clueless about whats out there to consider. That being said, I'm looking for something that works well with a harness . I want to carry 3 AR15, 3 handgun mag pouches and one dump pouch . So with all that I'm looking at the Tactical Tailor Fight Light system including their belt and harness :

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/fightlight/fight-light-4-point-battle-belt-harness

So if I went this route, does this rig somehow clip onto my pants belt ? And once I strap the bitch on is there a prefered method of securing the pouches? I came across plastic strips that kinda weave between the pouch and the webbing, school me on the whole matter please.

Or is there just a better version to look at rather than the Tactical Tailor model. I would like the whole thing to be a competition AND carbine class rig so no flashy muticolored comp only suggestions please.

J223...

You will never need a dump pouch in 3 gun or in a carbine class. If you like the tactical stuff better than the competition stuff then prepare to be slower than the guys with competition only gear. One suggestion I have for gear that looks tactical yet still works great for competition is the Wilderness Tactical instructor belts and mag pouches.

Wilderness Pistol Mag Pouches

The Wilderness AR15 mag pouches
JESSE
www.JesseTischauser.com
www.BoomerShooter.com
lasnyder
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:28:08 PM
I'm old and slow, but still like to play... I use an Uncle Mikes 1 3/4" underbelt (also when I ride the FJR it doesn't scratch the tank) then use a UM 2" duty belt...same basic rig for USPSA and 3 gun...Blade Tech DOH WRS holster for the G34, and 2 Blade Tech kydex pistol mag holders (with TecLoc)..for 3 gun I.can attach 2 Blade Tech kydex AR mag pouches(TecLoc)... slip a pair of California Competion 6round trays fore and aft of the holster.... finish off with a 3 Gun Gear Sam Browne belt (12ga) over the shoulder shell carrier , and 3 Gun Gear arm band....gives a lot of flexibility when you have a mixed slug/birdshot course

I've tried to work with the weak hand reload, but found that when the adrenalin dumps, and fine motor control goes out the window I fall back on the old fashoned method to reload...I load with the Benelli butt stock on my shoulder trapping it with my cheek, work the trays first if that many are needed....my Benelli doesn't tolerate more than a couple of rounds on the side saddle in cold weather shooting slugs
HunterRose13
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/1/2012 2:46:21 PM
Originally Posted By jtischauser:
Originally Posted By JOHNNY223:

J223...

You will never need a dump pouch in 3 gun or in a carbine class. If you like the tactical stuff better than the competition stuff then prepare to be slower than the guys with competition only gear. One suggestion I have for gear that looks tactical yet still works great for competition is the Wilderness Tactical instructor belts and mag pouches.

Wilderness Pistol Mag Pouches

The Wilderness AR15 mag pouches

I have been considering a carbine course this summer and a three gun in fall. I like the idea of not having to get a bunch of gear. It looks as if a good riggers belt and a couple of pistol and AR magazine pouches will do it. My one question is why you do not need a dump pouch. I figured it would be useful for dropping empty magazines in. I am ignorant on the subject and would appreciate some education.
Shooter115
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/1/2012 4:20:11 PM
Doesn't really matter if it's a time based competition or a tactical situation, the last thing you should worry about is where an empty mag lands. Drop it on the ground and go. You can always pick it up later. At pretty much all 3-gun events someone coming up behind you helping re-set the course will pick up your empty mags for you.
lasnyder
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:19:24 PM

determine how you are going to carry your shotgun ammunition... reloading the shotgun will typically win the 3 gun match...go prone, and see what interferes...most of the go fast shooters use the 4 round trays and reload weak handed... if you have a reliable 40+ round rifle magazine (just in case they have a 32 round stage), and shoot it dry, then the location of reload magazine doesn't really matter much...

I shoot the same rig for USPSA pistol competition, so my pistol mags are always in the same location... I'm too old to learn how to reload weak handed...as far as 3 AR mags, I'll put the mag pouches on, but typically only carry one more than needed for the course...exception is the sniper stage at Ft Benning, or any stage designed by Kyle Lamb
Teamer
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:33:22 AM
I just switched to the Sarfariland ELS system. I ran my first match with it two weekends ago and it works really well. The downside is the price. I split my buy between Holsters.com and MidwayUSA. Midway had a few of the components for less that what Safariland sells them for.
"You're crazy!"
"I know, it's a lot more fun this way!"
33shooter
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:00:41 AM
[Last Edit: 5/2/2012 10:08:45 AM by 33shooter]
DSG Arms makes some nice gear that would work well for 3 gun also. The Safariland ELS system is awesome, but it can be expensive. Both would be very good choices.

http://dsgarms.com/

ETA: I have a friend who runs a belt exactly like that for 3 gun. It took him a long time to set it up so it would work well in 3gun, and for now he's pretty fast with it. But watching him at the Texas Multigun, it was clear to me (not him) that he's close to the limit on how fast he will be able to go with it. He's slow from the start with it in regards to shotgun reloads and would pickup time there if he had a different belt. He uses covered mag pouches, which cost him no less than .5 sec per reload, which adds up quick. He was shooting Tac-Heavy for the TMGC, and carried 2 spare rifle mags, the belt did not slow his pistol draw, or rifle reloads. It did slow his pistol reloads and shotgun reloads. I use a belly band style shotgun "load 2" belt, which gives me a good advantage there, and I have the DSG pistol mag holsters to go with the DSG belt that I won at TXMGC. Most of the fast shooters all use the safariland ELS for a reason. I don't have a 40rnd or Surefire 60 rifle mag, so I usually carry a spare on my belt and if needed, another in my back pocket. That will change soon for me though.