Sponsored By FNH USAPresented By SureFire
3-GUN NATION Sponsors & Contributors
Site Notices
10/1/2014 2:19:24 PM
10/1/2014 10:30:17 AM
Author
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:21:03 PM
I asked this is the scoring\rules section without answer so maybe Ill have better luck here?

After reading the rules, I have a question that does not seem to be specifically addressed. For a handguns in either of the tactical (optic or limited) divisions, what (if any) external modifications are allowed?

Specifically, are grip mods allowed? As an example, here is my G19, would it be legal?

If not, what specific aspect of it makes it non-compliant keeping in mind there are 3 seperate mods done to this pistol.

1. Finger groove humps removed
2. Backstrap flattened
3. Entire grip stippled

Now personally I think it should all be legal because everything done to it is similar in nature to what can be done with a 1911 and I've never seen things like MSH, checkering or grips specified for the 1911 but be that as it may, I know this gun wouldn't be legal in some other comps such as GSSF. So what's the 3G take on it?

What about extended mag wells?
On going to war over religion: "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni
JesseTischauser
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:57:12 AM
[Last Edit: 2/14/2012 10:19:47 AM by JesseTischauser]
Originally Posted By airgunner:
I asked this is the scoring\rules section without answer so maybe Ill have better luck here?

After reading the rules, I have a question that does not seem to be specifically addressed. For a handguns in either of the tactical (optic or limited) divisions, what (if any) external modifications are allowed?

Specifically, are grip mods allowed? As an example, here is my G19, would it be legal?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/cgv69/Glock/G19-1-1.jpg

If not, what specific aspect of it makes it non-compliant keeping in mind there are 3 seperate mods done to this pistol.

1. Finger groove humps removed
2. Backstrap flattened
3. Entire grip stippled

Now personally I think it should all be legal because everything done to it is similar in nature to what can be done with a 1911 and I've never seen things like MSH, checkering or grips specified for the 1911 but be that as it may, I know this gun wouldn't be legal in some other comps such as GSSF. So what's the 3G take on it?

What about extended mag wells?

You can modify your guns just about anyway you want in 3 gun as long as they are safe. Here is my Accurate Iron built G34...

JESSE
www.JesseTischauser.com
www.BoomerShooter.com
airgunner
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/14/2012 10:04:29 AM
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
You can modify your guns just about anyway you want in 3 gun as long as they are safe.

Good to know - Thank you sir

On going to war over religion: "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni
JesseTischauser
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/14/2012 10:15:03 AM
Originally Posted By airgunner:
You can modify your guns just about anyway you want in 3 gun as long as they are safe.

Good to know - Thank you sir

A general rule of thumb is to go by the USPSA limited pistol rules.
JESSE
www.JesseTischauser.com
www.BoomerShooter.com
jclaypool
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/16/2012 6:08:58 AM
You can modify your guns just about anyway you want in 3 gun as long as they are safe. Here is my Accurate Iron built G34...

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt219/jtischauser/Glock%2034%20%20-%203%20Gun/G34Production3Gun.png

This is your tac ops gun? Still trying to feel out what's allowed in tac ops/irons for pistols. If I remember correctly (assisted by a google search) then outside of compensators, barrel porting, adding weights, and optics everything else is good for limited. Are there any additional rules that you can think of, off the top of your head that throw a pistol into open for most 3 gun matches? I'm moving away from XD and Beretta and would like to build a competition focused gun. Thanks, and thanks for being active on the boards. Without a doubt its the best thing about shooting sports especially one where you must bring more than a couple guns to a match.

PFC_Dustin
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:05:39 PM
Are flared magwells legal? I read that they arent in tactical.
Dave-HuldraArms
Huldra Arms - Mills Fleet Farm
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:29:46 AM
Generally for the outlaw matches when shooting tac optics or tac irons a "limited" pistol is good to go. That includes an extended flared magwell. I shoot tac op and have a magwell as do most who run 2011s glocks mps, etc etc.
Huldra Arms - Mills Fleet Farm
Training and Technical Support
www.huldraarms.com
www.facebook.com/huldraarms