Sponsored By FNH USAPresented By SureFire
3-GUN NATION Sponsors & Contributors
Author
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:39:05 AM
[Last Edit: 2/23/2012 10:11:24 AM by Solidgun]
I am trying to see which would be better start shotgun for 3-gun setup.

I find a lot of information on the SLP, but not as much on Super X3.

Thank you.
It is not "might OF", it is "might HAVE"
Site ≠ Sight ≠ Cite
You cite the author in an endnote; you visit a Web site or the site of the crime, and you sight in your firearm.
59Bassman
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:16:14 PM
I bought the SX 3 over the SLP. The reason I did was that I could not stand the rifle sights. I used to hope and pray every night that in the morning FN would make the Competition SLP with Vent Rib barrel available, but it didn't happen in time. So I bought the SX3 w/26" barrel. It's longer than what most folks are using, but I like it very much so far. It will not cycle my ultralight 1 oz sporting clays reloads, but it does just fine with factory Federal Top Guns.

I'm happy with mine so far. I have not yet had the lifter welded. Mine prints slugs about 10" left at 100 yards through the Mod choke (which is actually a Light Mod in my gun).
Vespid_Wasp
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:28:44 AM
I have the SLP. I have shot both.

I think the SX3 is probably the better choice. It is lighter, with the vent rib barrel. The 26in barrel is not that big of a hindrance.

I'm not going to sell my SLP to switch, but if you see a good deal on a SX3... grab it.
Solidgun
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:48:12 PM
I already own the X3, but it is 28" field barrel. Also, I own the SX2 and while I think X3 is much better, I see people shoot SLP MK1 a lot more often, so I am wondering if it is worth my time investing into shorter barrel and the mod or to just to buy SLP.
It is not "might OF", it is "might HAVE"
Site ≠ Sight ≠ Cite
You cite the author in an endnote; you visit a Web site or the site of the crime, and you sight in your firearm.
Vespid_Wasp
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/6/2012 11:37:08 PM
If you already have an extended mag tube on your SX3, I don't think you will gain much switching to the SLP.

The SLP is easier to find and is race ready. I think that is why you see so many of them. Although it would be much better if the tube held 9 instead of 8.

The SX3 isn't enough better for me to prompt me to buy one. The SLP is a great shotgun. The SX3 is just a little lighter and transitions better.