Sponsored By FNH USAPresented By SureFire
3-GUN NATION Sponsors & Contributors
Author
Posted: 2/5/2012 10:16:14 PM
[Last Edit: 2/5/2012 10:19:33 PM by SERVED_USMC]
Im going to pick up one or the other for a heavy metal gun. What are the major differences between the 2?
BPR
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:34:40 PM
The big difference is the replaceable buttstock on the Supernova. The Nova's stock and receiver are one piece, so the buttstock can only be modified with a hacksaw or file. But, the seperate buttstock on the Supernova comes with a price- the distance between the grip and the safety is further.

If you feel the need for a pistol grip, the Supernova is the only choice. But, I feel the standard Nova has no disadvantages and the shorter distance to the safety is a benefit. I've been using a 24" Nova in HM for about a year and a half now, and feel it's the best pump shotgun out there.

SERVED_USMC
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2012 6:16:03 PM
Originally Posted By BPR:
The big difference is the replaceable buttstock on the Supernova. The Nova's stock and receiver are one piece, so the buttstock can only be modified with a hacksaw or file. But, the seperate buttstock on the Supernova comes with a price- the distance between the grip and the safety is further.

If you feel the need for a pistol grip, the Supernova is the only choice. But, I feel the standard Nova has no disadvantages and the shorter distance to the safety is a benefit. I've been using a 24" Nova in HM for about a year and a half now, and feel it's the best pump shotgun out there.

I would prefer the pistol grip with a pump gun. Do they offer a 24'' pistol grip gun from the factory or will I have to add the stock?
BPR
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 7:53:00 AM
[Last Edit: 2/7/2012 7:53:20 AM by BPR]
Benelli may offer a factory 24" w/ pistol grip in camo, but it doesn't look like they do in black.

Factory benelli barrels are expensive. Find the gun w/ the barrel you want first, then worry about the stock. Don't buy a 18" tactical thinking you can pick up a cheap 24" barrel.
SERVED_USMC
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:05:31 PM
Originally Posted By BPR:
Benelli may offer a factory 24" w/ pistol grip in camo, but it doesn't look like they do in black.

Factory benelli barrels are expensive. Find the gun w/ the barrel you want first, then worry about the stock. Don't buy a 18" tactical thinking you can pick up a cheap 24" barrel.

I can vouch for that first hand. My buddy ran over the barrel of his SBE last year (common problem with the duck hunters haha) and it was about 800 to replace it.